Let’s get ready to rock!
This is the first of many Hot Tunes posts that I will be writing about downloading music. Specifically, I will be talking about the risk of downloading music and the negative outcome that can happen to anyone who illegally downloads music.
I’m just a normal high school student whose life revolves around music. I like playing music as well as listening to music all day, every day. When a new CD of one of my favorite bands comes out I try to hurry to the store and buy it. Sometimes I don’t have enough money or I just want one song off of the album. Like most people, I just go to a site where somebody has put up a file sharing system where you can get the whole CD for free but, most people don't know the risk in doing so.
Sometimes I will get talked into downloading music or to make a CD for a friend. Even though it might sound simple and a nice thing to do, I’m actually endangering myself to copyright laws against illegally downloading music and illegal distribution.
I hear stories about people getting busted downloading music, making and selling illegal copies. Although it sounds scary, I won’t get in trouble right? I mean as long as I’m not selling them or downloading lots of music I won’t get in too much trouble will I? After all, I’m just a teenager who likes music like everybody else.
Over the next few weeks I will be giving more in depth detail about the risk of downloading music and alternatives to downloading music. I will also be asking the opinions of my readers as to what they think of illegally downloading music and what they think should or shouldn’t be done to people that illegally download music.
So sit back and enjoy the music!
![]() |
| This photo is from http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/ This Photo was made by Giovanni Sades at www.freedigitalphotos.net/giovannisades |

This reminds me of the time when Napster got shut down because they were giving the music away for free. Metallica got really mad over that.
ReplyDelete